DX13 - Diatomaceous Earth
THE SOLUTION Health Canada approved our DX13™ product in June 2013 for industrial and domestic uses. DX13™ is being used in hotels, private homes, apartments and government social housing projects. Why DX13™ is the #1...Regular price $29.99
Health Canada approved our DX13™ product in June 2013 for industrial and domestic uses. DX13™ is being used in hotels, private homes, apartments and government social housing projects.
Why DX13™ is the #1 Choice of Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth is naturally occuring in a vast number of varieties. Depending on a number of factors including amount of diatoms, species of diatoms, mineral composition, purity, particle size, and processing, most Diatomaceous Earths are not very effective against bed bugs and some can be dangerous to people and their pets.
DX13™ is the only product on the market with a patented formulation of the most effective Diatoms, which are needle-shaped species called “pennate” Diatoms, and the most effective particle sizes according to our research. DX13™ is also processed to ensure the highest levels of purity and safety available in a spray application. This processing eliminates waste and allows it to be easily used in hard to reach areas such as the inside of light switches, electrical outlets, and other nooks and crannies that bed bugs are known to inhabit.
- All Natural, no toxins
- Safe – no odours, no stains, no harmful additives, gloves are suggested but not mandatory for application
- Works faster and better than most products on the market today
- Easy-to-use aerosol can with applicator straw
- Reduces down time and lost income for any commercial use where room inventory turnover is crucial such as hotels
- DX13™ is a must for hotels, condos, provincial and state housing authorities responsible for subsidized housing, apartment owners/operators, cruise ship operators, university residences, public transportation, retail stores to use as a minimum-operating standard for the prevention and eradication of bed bugs.
- Our data from University of British Columbia* clearly demonstrated horizontal transfer of DX13™ that was actively transferred from a single exposed bug to unexposed bugs in a concentrated manner.
- Reduces call backs for pest management technicians given it’s fast acting long lasting and effective results.
- Tested by DE LABS and confirmed to be effective by a University of British Columbia lab by a team of leading entomologists.
- Tested & approved by Sterling IAQ Consultants, a leading indoor air quality specialist as safe for use. www.sterlingiaqconsultants.com
- Example: In a head-to-head competition at the University of British Columbia with the leading national brand for bedbug eradication, DX13™ outperformed the other product by 36% over a 10 hour period and by 50% over a 24 hour period
DX13 is great for use everywhere. it can be applied to mattresses, box springs, headboards, dressers, pillows, baseboards and under carpets. DX13 is an effective treatment for long-term bed bug management.
After tests and studies performed by the University of British Columbia, DX13 was found to be significantly more effective than other dusts. Mattresses treated with DX13 were especially effective against bed bugs. Along with direct contact, the horizontal transfer of DX13 from exposed bed bugs also has a great effect. Once sprayed, DX13 continues to work for at least 21 days. Bigger is not better. The smaller particles showed higher effectiveness and caused greater weight loss in bugs than larger particles.
HOW IT WORKS
Modified Diatomaceous Earth (“DE”) essentially damages the outer skeleton of insects, killing the bed bugs by desiccation. The aerosol spray allows for application of DX13™ on bedbug paths behind headboards, on ceilings, on furniture legs, and around light switches. DX13™ dust adheres to these surfaces and ensures that the bedbugs will eliminate themselves long into the future.
Diatomaceous earth (“DE”) is a naturally occurring ‘rare earth’ that has long been used for decades for a variety of industrial uses, and even as a dietary supplement. Diatomaceous earth is in part the skeletal remains of plankton from what was once an ocean or a lake. The exoskeleton of these plankton was based on silica in sizes from 10 to 50 microns, a component of glass. DE Labs acquires diatomaceous earth mined from a specific source and then modifies it using a proprietary process.
The history of pest control shows that all insects eventually become “immune” to any chemical over time. DX13™ is a dust solution that eliminates bed bugs on contact within a few hours. Bed bugs cannot become immune to DX13™.
Most other products on the market poison pests with synthetic chemicals. Not only do they expose humans, animals, and the environment to risk, most chemicals dissipate over a short period of time and lose their effectiveness. Our product remains effective after spraying as a preventative measure without posing a risk to humans, animals or the environment.
DX13 Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Clean Unit – All garbage and debris to be removed (if possible). The less ‘clutter’ the better the chance of success.
- All clothing to be bagged and/or laundered and placed on high heat dryer setting (unless garments are dry clean only) to kill any bugs at all ages of the life cycle. Clothes and shoes that cannot be laundered/dried are to be placed into bags only.
- Bedding to be stripped of sheets, covers, and pillows (launder if possible on high heat dry setting)
- Vacuum the bed and box spring(s) all sides paying special attention to the ‘piping’ (the seams where the edges and sides meet) to ensure any living bugs or eggs are removed. Please make sure to remove the ‘dust guard’ (the little material on the bottom of the box spring and discard – Any bugs hiding in the box spring are very difficult to detect through this material. Removing it makes it more likely to successfully treat issues with greater results).
- Bed frame. Depending on what type of bed frame you have (metal, wood, or custom material/design), disassemble, and if possible move away from the wall and vacuum the joints and hollow areas to remove living bugs or eggs).
- Vacuum trim on the walls directly behind the bed and entire wall.
- Headboard. Remove the headboard if applicable. Vacuum all corners, connections to wall, holes and/or zippered areas depending on the type of headboard you have.
- Cabinets/side tables/end tables. Empty the contents checking for bugs and signs of feces the whole time. Vacuum the entire cabinet/side table/end table drawers, bottom, and back.
- Pictures. Remove all pictures closest to the affected areas, and vacuum the edges and back.
- Using a screwdriver, carefully remove any electrical, telephone, or internet plates and inspect for bug activity.
- Floors to be vacuumed and/or mopped directly under the bed.
- Please note: Once all vacuuming has been completed, please remove the bag from the vacuum and dispose of carefully using a large garbage bag and dispose into the trash/garbage can.
Treating bed bugs with DX13
- Spray the trim on the entire wall behind the bed frame, top and bottom. Use the red straw to get into any cracks or edges that you can identify.
- Spray the exposed electrical, telephone or internet boxes, and carefully put the plates back on.
- Treat the bed frame tops, sides, back and bottoms. Be sure to spray some DX with the red straw into any holes that metal bed frames may have. Once individual parts have been sprayed re-assemble the bed frame, and move back to the wall or its original area.
- Spray the back and sides of the headboard, as well as any edges that may help holding the headboard to the wall. Make sure to also spray the wall where the headboard may attach to the wall. Pay special attention to any holes that may have been made when securing the headboard to the wall.
- Spray the box spring interior (the area where you removed the dust guard earlier), bottom and side edges. Ensure the corner bumpers are sprayed also (the plastic corner on the bottom of the box spring). Once sprayed, put the box spring back on the frame and spray the top and sides paying special attention to any areas that showed signs of bugs or eggs, and the piping.
- Spray the mattress bottom next and make sure to spray the edges and piping and any areas of the ‘comfort fit’ types of mattresses. Place the mattress on top of the box spring, then spray the sides and top of the mattress.
- Spray the bottom and backs of the cabinets/end tables and move back into place.
- Spray the backs of any photos or pictures and place back onto the wall. Be sure to spray the area that holds the picture to the wall.
- Feel free at this point to put the laundered bed sheets back onto the bed.
- Wash and dry all sheets using high heat and place back on bed.
- Place non-washable bedding items in the dryer on high heat.
Tomorrow and the Following Day
- Visually inspect all bedding & sheets for blood spots and/or bugs, if found.
- Wash and dry all sheets using high heat and place back on bed.
- Place non-washable bedding items in the dryer on high heat.
After 7 Days
It is highly recommended that you vacuum floors, carpets, couches, chairs and bed to ensure the removal of eggs, larvae, nymph stage bedbugs, and any skeletal remains of the dead bugs.
You will see a fine white dust on your box spring, mattress and around the trim & floor edges. Leave the X13 dust in place for 21 days for maximum residual effect. DX13 is a natural product that will not harm you or your pets.
Read our Material Safety Data Sheets for DX13™
We can ship to most addresses in Canada. Free shipping on all orders over $99. Below is a breakdown of the shipping costs:
- Orders $99 or less - $14.95 shipping
- Orders of $99 or more – FREE Shipping
- Before 5:00PM EST* will be shipped from our warehouse the same day.
- After 5:00PM EST* will be shipped next morning.
- Large products may take additional time to ship
Note that we have the right to refuse any order that has destination postal code which is within remote rural shipping regions. So far we haven’t refused any orders yet!
Canadians are our priority, so we ship to Canada only. If you live outside of the country and wish to place an order, please send us an email with your destination and we’ll do our best to serve you.
*EST is Eastern Standard Time – Montreal TimeReturns Policy
When dealing with bed bugs, we believe that comfort and safety is essential. For that reason Bed Bug SOS is committed to provide all of our customers with unparalleled customer service and the highest quality products on the market. However, given the nature of our industry and the risks involved when exchanging bed bug products, we can only accept returns on new, unopened and unused products. We are very strict about this policy to protect our customers, inventory and employees from exposure to bed bugs.
You have 7 days after reception to return a product. Please follow instruction before returning.
To avoid this situation, carefully review every item in your cart and make sure you have the right quantity and sizes (especially for mattress encasement) for each product before checkout.
In the case of a return, please contact us before shipping back the products at 1-800-429-1597. Rest assured that Bed Bug SOS will do everything to accommodate your issue and minimize risk for both customers and Bed Bug SOS.
Be advised that return shipping costs are assumed by the customer and refunded once products are received and inspection is complete. Once products have been thoroughly inspected, we will then refund the return shipping costs and the sale price of each product minus the inspection and restocking fee. Please keep all receipts pertaining to the sale and return shipping costs.
Note: There is a 15% inspection and restocking fee that is calculated based on the total sale price of all items returned. This amount will be deducted from your shipping refund.
You can expect to receive your orders anywhere between 1-5 days.Can I give the shipper special instructions?
Yes, however it’s at the discretion of the shipper to respect these special instructions. We can always ship to your local post office or a neighbour.Why discounted shipping between $99 and $125 orders?
Canadian shipping rates can be expensive, even for small items. That being said, we understand that you don’t want to be spending any extra money on bed bugs so we offer discounted shipping on orders over $99 and free shipping over $125. See our Shipping & Returns page to the left of this page for more information.What happens with backorders?
If we don’t have your item in stock we will propose an upgrade OR ship the items that we do have in stock, and ship the rest once received at no extra cost.How is the sales tax charged?
Taxes are charged at checkout based on the shipping destination.Can I pick up my order?
Unfortunately not. We want to keep our warehouse clean and free of bed bugs and although the odds of someone bringing bed bugs into our warehouse are low, we don’t take any chances.How are payments processed?
We use Stripe or PayPal to process payments. We have an active 256-bit encryption SSL certificate for an entirely safe and secure shopping experience.Can I track my order?
Yes, all order will be given a tracking number shortly after the order is shipped.What is discreet shipping?
We ship your order without any mention on the label. All you will see is our address, your name and address and our company name as BBS/SP.