Doktor Doom Premium Grade Diatomaceous Earth 1kg
Diatomaceous earth works by absorbing liquid out of the waxy exoskeleton of the bed bug, forcing it to die from dehydration. Furthermore, DE eradicates remaining bed bugs and prevents them from coming back.
- Contains razor-sharp edges to damage the bed bug’s protective covering upon contact.
- Slow-acting, but effective.
- Highly efficient for controlling bed bug infestations.
How to Properly Use Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous earth is essentially a drying agent. While it is not toxic, it can dry your hands if it meets the skin, and can be dangerous if inhaled. So, wear the proper protective equipment, including gloves, a dust mask, and eye protection.
To use diatomaceous earth in your home, you must:
- Vacuum the affected room thoroughly – including baseboards, cracks, electrical outlets, and furniture.
- Wash all bedding with Clorox and heavy-duty laundry detergent.
- Steam clean furniture, mattress, and box springs before application.
- Place diatomaceous earth into a duster for easier distribution.
- Dust the bottom of the box spring and into all cracks and crevices of the room.
- Place a dusting under carpet edges to prevent future infestations as well.
- Repeat as necessary every ten days to catch all bed bug eggs and incubation cycles.
Ultimately, you want your DE placed anywhere a bed bug can crawl to enter your room, furniture, and bedding.