- Know your rights! Every province has its own governing body for tenants' and have established rules for dealing with bed bugs. Consult our Bed Bug and the Canadian Law page for more information.
- Equip yourself with bed bug mattress encasements & bed bug monitors and traps
- For most provinces, contact you landlord immediately! If you're a homeowner, contact your local exterminator
- Put all sheets, pillows and pillowcases, duvet and clothing in dissolvable laundry bags or garbage bags and wash at the hottest setting. Make sure bags are properly sealed.
- Eliminate all clutter
- Vacuum and carefully dispose of vacuum bag in a tightly sealed plastic bag
- Comply with with either landlord or exterminator instructions
- Move all furniture at least 18 inches from wall